Car Accident Lawyer Kansas City, MO
Deciding whether or not to pursue a car accident claim can be difficult, as a car accident lawyer in Kansas City, MO understands. You should schedule a consultation with a lawyer so that you can better understand your options and rights as a car accident victim. Don’t dismiss your case or make assumptions about it, because you may be entitled to more than you expect.
Clients who turn to the Law Office of Daniel E. Stuart, P.A. for all their legal needs can expect to receive quality legal counsel. Our team has years of legal experience, and we have successfully achieved excellent results for many different clients. Since 1994, we have been helping clients who have been victims of car accidents get the compensation that they are entitled to. Going through the complexities of a car accident case is not something that you should be burdened with. We’ll fight for you so that you can focus on your recovery.
The immediate moments following an accident can be chaotic and disorienting. If you have been injured, you may be going through shock and are not able to clearly process the event. The things that you do right after an accident can have a big impact on the strength of your claim.
Table Of Contents
- Car Accident Lawyer Kansas City, MO
- Steps To Take After A Car Accident in Kansas City, MO
- Cases That Our Car Accident Lawyer Handles
- Common Types of Car Accidents
- Common Damages in a Car Accident
- The Benefits of Turning to a Car Accident Lawyer
- Kansas City MO Car Accident Law Infographic
- Kansas City Car Accident Statistics
- Kansas City, MO Car Accident Law FAQs
- Meet With Our Qualified and Experienced Lawyer
Steps To Take After A Car Accident in Kansas City, MO
Here are steps that you should do to protect your legal rights if you have been hurt as a result of a car accident:
- Get the driver’s information. Make sure that you obtain the driver’s contact and insurance information. You are required to exchange information with the driver if a car accident has resulted in an injury or property damage that exceeds a certain amount.
- Document evidence. Gathering all the facts and evidence that you can after an accident is important if you want to build a strong case. Take as many photos of the accident scene and damage to your car as possible. Remember to document your injuries as well.
- Do not apologize. As a car accident lawyer in Kansas City, Missouri can tell you, you should refrain from giving any kind of statement or comment that suggests admitting guilt or accepting blame. This can be used against you, causing you to lose compensation.
Cases That Our Car Accident Lawyer Handles
Car accident lawyers are experienced in handling many types of cases. They can help you recover compensation if you have been injured because of a driver who was reckless or distracted. Whether you have partial fault or no fault, a qualified and highly experienced car accident lawyer will advocate for you so that you can obtain the highest settlement possible. Some of the car accident cases that a lawyer can assist clients with are:
- Hit and run
- Drunk driving
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
Kansas City Car Accident Lawyer
If you sustained injuries in a car crash, you may want to speak with a car accident lawyer in Kansas City, MO residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation for your losses. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim against the negligent party.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Many people are injured in car accidents every year in Missouri. Some types of car crashes can be more dangerous than others. Here are the most common types of car accidents.
- Head-on collisions. This type of accident occurs when the front end of one vehicle collides with the front end of another vehicle. Head-on collisions are more likely to result in life-threatening injuries, like traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries, than other types of car accidents. These crashes typically occur when a driver is fatigued, drunk, or distracted.
- T-bone accidents. Also known as side-impact collisions, T-bone accidents occur when one vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle. These collisions typically happen at intersections. Common causes of T-bone accidents include distracted driving, failing to stop at a red light, and speeding.
- Rear-end collisions. Just like the name suggests, read-end collisions occur when the front end of one vehicle crashes into the rear end of another vehicle. These collisions usually occur when a vehicle is tailgating another vehicle. As a Kansas City car accident lawyer can attest, these accidents often result in head and neck injuries because the head thrusts back and forth violently. Symptoms may include headaches, dizziness, nausea and blurred vision.
- Multi-vehicle collisions. These collisions involve more than two vehicles and can occur when the impact of one accident moves the cars into the path of other cars. These accidents are more likely to cause fatal injuries.
Common Damages in a Car Accident
No matter what type of car accident you were in, you may be entitled to many types of damages. Here are common damages in a car accident case.
- Medical bills. Car accidents often result in injuries that require medical care. Medical costs may include surgeries, medication, doctor’s visits, and physical therapy. These are the most common damages awarded in a car accident claim.
- Lost wages. If you sustained a serious enough injury from a car accident, you may have to be out of work for a while. This can hurt your finances. Your lawyer can help you recover lost wages.
- Emotional distress. Many people focus on physical injuries from a car accident. However, these accidents can also lead to depression, anxiety, and even post-traumatic stress disorder. These injuries might not be visible like physical injuries, but they are still very serious. If you suffered emotional distress after a car accident, you should consider seeing a mental health counselor.
The Benefits of Turning to a Car Accident Lawyer
- Focus and Diligence on the Case
A Kansas City, MO car accident lawyer from our firm will offer their focus and diligence on a car accident case. A professional from our firm can help you out with your car accident case just as we have helped numerous other clients in the past. Proper diligence is taken by our firm to help make a strong and winning strategy so that our clients don’t have to suffer even further through their car accident cases and injuries. Victims of the accident shouldn’t be left to pay their own bills for an accident they didn’t cause. Reach out to the Law Office of Daniel E. Stuart, P.A today to get the help you need.
- Professional Experience from an Experienced Firm
Having someone with proper professional experience can make a huge difference in a car accident case. Our firm is experienced in helping numerous clients navigate their car accident cases and secure compensation for their injuries, property damage, and overall trouble that they have had to deal with due to their car accidents. Things like pain and suffering are an item of compensation that many victims of car accidents receive. We will help to ensure that the insurance company treats you fairly and pays you fairly for your injuries. If you lost wages from work then we will help you receive those lost wages.
- Skill and Knowledge With Previous Cases
A car accident lawyer in Kansas City, MO turns to our law office and has the necessary skill and knowledge to navigate you through your car accident case. We understand the different documents needed to complete a case and also the statute of limitations in a case. You can rest assured that we will be the steady and confident hand that you need for the whole process. Our knowledge has helped many victims of car accidents receive financial coverage for things like medical bills, doctor visit bills, therapy sessions needed from the injury, and other things. Contact us today to get your case started and for you to finally receive the compensation you deserve for this unfortunate event.
- Help and Strategy for the Whole Case
The Law Office of Daniel E. Stuart, P.A. specializes in car accident cases, and a Kansas City car accident lawyer from our firm will stand by you for your whole case to provide not only assistance but also a firm strategy to carry through the whole case. A car accident case may take many turns throughout the entirety of it as other entities come into play. Insurance companies, other legal teams, and the at-fault driver may all seek to disrupt the case and attempt to have a case thrown out. Our firm understands the different tactics that opposing legal teams or insurance companies will use. Turn to our firm for assistance from a firm who that help you achieve the fair or even generous results you desire.
Kansas City MO Car Accident Law Infographic
Kansas City Car Accident Laws
Car accidents are unfortunate incidents that can result in serious physical, emotional, and financial consequences. When involved in such an event in Missouri, it becomes paramount to grasp the intricacies of the state’s car accident laws. By being well-informed, individuals can more adeptly navigate the aftermath of an accident, better ensuring that their rights and interests are protected.
Fault-Based Insurance System
Missouri operates on a “fault” system when it comes to car accidents. In essence, the party found to be at fault for the accident is financially responsible for any damages that arise. This determination of fault can significantly impact claims, insurance rates, and potential legal action. A reputable Kansas City, MO car accident lawyer at the Law Office of Daniel E. Stuart, P.A. can clarify how a fault determination in your case is likely to impact your ability to seek the full amount of compensation you’re rightfully owed.
Mandatory Insurance Coverage
Drivers in Missouri are required by law to have certain minimum insurance coverages. This includes liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage to others, as well as uninsured motorist coverage. The latter is particularly important as it provides protection in cases where the at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have sufficient insurance to cover the damages.
Reporting The Accident
If a car accident results in injury, death, or property damage exceeding $500, it must be reported to the Missouri Department of Revenue. This report should be filed as soon as possible, ideally within 30 days of the accident.
Statute Of Limitations
Time is a crucial element post-accident. In Missouri, individuals have five years from the date of the car accident to file a personal injury lawsuit and five years to file a lawsuit for property damage. Missing this window could mean forfeiting any right to legal compensation for damages incurred. It’s important to understand though, that you shouldn’t wait years to connect with a Kansas City car accident lawyer. Evidence that could make or break your case could be compromised in a matter of hours or days, so it is imperative to seek legal guidance immediately.
Comparative Fault Rule
Missouri employs the “pure comparative fault” rule. This means that if you are partially at fault for the accident, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault. For instance, if you were found to be 20% at fault and had damages of $10,000, your compensation would be reduced to $8,000.
Damages And Compensation
Victims of car accidents in Missouri can seek compensation for various damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and non-economic damages such as pain and suffering. It’s essential to keep detailed records and documentation to substantiate any claims.
Protecting Your Interests
The aftermath of a car accident can be chaotic and emotionally taxing. Still, it’s crucial to remain proactive – taking photographs at the scene, gathering witness information, and seeking prompt medical attention, even if injuries seem minor initially. These steps can be invaluable when building a robust claim or case.
Missouri’s car accident laws serve as a framework, guiding individuals through the complexities that can arise after such an event. However, laws and statutes are just one piece of the puzzle. To truly ensure your rights are upheld, and you receive the compensation you deserve, professional legal guidance is often indispensable.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in Missouri, our dedicated Kansas City car accident lawyer team stands ready to assist. With an intimate understanding of Missouri car accident laws and a passion for client advocacy, we aim to provide unmatched legal support during these challenging times. Reach out to our firm for a thorough consultation. Together, we can chart a path forward, ensuring your rights are protected every step of the way.
Kansas City Car Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2021, there were an estimated 6.7 million car accidents in the United States. This resulted in 39,508 fatalities and 2.3 million injuries. The NHTSA also reports that the overall rate of car accidents has been declining in recent years. In 2021, the rate of car accidents was 1.16 per 100 million miles traveled, which is down from 1.22 per 100 million miles traveled in 2020.
Kansas City, MO Car Accident Law FAQs
What is a car accident lawyer & when should I hire one?
A car accident lawyer is a legal professional who specializes in handling cases related to car accidents. They provide legal representation and guidance to individuals who have been involved in car accidents and help them navigate the complex legal process. It is advisable to hire a car accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident occurs. The sooner you engage legal representation, the better they can protect your rights and guide you through the necessary steps.
What legal options do I have if I’ve been injured in a car accident caused by another driver?
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by another driver, a Kansas City, MO car accident lawyer can evaluate your case to determine if you are entitled to pursue compensation against that party for the losses the injuries have caused you. Although the law does not require victims to retain the services of a car accident lawyer in order to pursue a claim, many victims feel more confident about the outcome of their case with a lawyer advocating for them. In many situations, having an attorney represent you can make all the difference in how much you receive in your claim or even if you receive any compensation at all.
So how do victims know whether or not to hire an attorney?
The following factors may help in making that determination:
- What are the details and circumstances of your case? The first thing you should do is examine the details of the accident to determine if you should pursue a case.
- What was the extent of the injuries you suffered? Did you sustain some bumps and bruises or did your injury require medical attention? If you did require medical attention, then you will likely choose to pursue a claim to pay for the medical bills that accrued for injury treatments. If the injuries caused you to miss any work, you can also be reimbursed for those lost wages. The more financial losses you have suffered, the more beneficial having an attorney advocating for you with the insurance company will be.
Doesn’t it make more sense to just file my own accident claim?
Preparing a claim, including gathering evidence and proving fault, takes time and energy. If you have been injured, it is critical to focus on your recovery and getting better. Investigating an accident to determine and prove fault may not be possible if you have been seriously injured, yet that is exactly what is needed, especially if the insurance company is balking at liability. It is also necessary to keep track of all medical expenses and other financial losses that the injuries have caused, as well as keep obtain updated medical reports about your condition. A Kansas City car accident lawyer can do all of this for you so you can use your time for healing.
Why is it better for a lawyer to deal with the insurance company instead of the victim?
Regardless of how intelligent and organized a victim is, legal experience and being well-versed in personal injury law are key to winning an accident case. Insurance companies have all kinds of underhanded tactics they use to pressure victims into settling for far less than what they may be entitled to under the law. They will even act as if they have your best interest at heart, but the truth is the only best interest they have in mind is the company’s profits.
Meet With Our Qualified and Experienced Lawyer
Schedule a consultation with a trusted car accident lawyer in Kansas City, MO from The Law Office of Daniel E. Stuart, P.A. that you can rely on when you are in need of urgent legal help. To find out what your legal options may be, contact the Law Office of Daniel E. Stuart, P.A. to schedule a free case evaluation with a dedicated Kansas City car accident lawyer.
Car Accident Lawyer Frequently Asked Questions
If you have been injured in a car crash, you may want to get in touch with a Kansas City, MO car accident lawyer. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses. A lawyer from the Law Office of Daniel E. Stuart, P.A. can help you file a timely claim against the negligent parties.
How can a car accident lawyer help prove fault in an accident?
Car accident lawyers have extensive knowledge and experience in determining liability and proving fault in car accident cases. They will analyze the accident scene, review available evidence, interview witnesses, consult with accident reconstruction experts if necessary, and build a strong case to establish liability.
Will I have to go to court if I hire a car accident lawyer?
It depends on the circumstances of your case. Many car accident cases are resolved through negotiations with insurance companies, resulting in a settlement without going to court. However, if a fair settlement cannot be reached, a Kansas City car accident lawyer will be prepared to take your case at trial.
How much does it cost to hire a car accident lawyer?
Most car accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, so they only get paid if they win your case. Their fee is typically a percentage of the compensation you receive. This arrangement allows individuals with limited financial resources to access legal representation without upfront costs.
What if the other party doesn’t have insurance?
If the other party involved in the accident doesn’t have insurance or is underinsured, a car accident lawyer can help explore other options. They can assist in filing a claim with your own insurance company under your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage or pursue legal action against the at-fault party to seek compensation through other means.
How long does it take to resolve a car accident case?
The duration of a car accident case varies depending on the specific circumstances. Some cases may be settled quickly, while others may take months or even years, especially if litigation is involved. Your car accident lawyer will work diligently to resolve your case as efficiently as possible while seeking the maximum compensation you deserve.
How do I choose the right car accident lawyer?
When selecting a car accident lawyer, you may want to look for experience, track record of success, reputation, communication style, and fee structure. It’s also important to schedule a consultation to talk about your case and determine if you feel comfortable working with the lawyer before making a decision.
Schedule a consultation with a Kansas City car accident lawyer from the Law Office of Daniel E. Stuart, P.A
100% Free & Confidential.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office:
4707 College Boulevard, Suite 208 Leawood, KS 66211
CONTACT US FOR A
FREE CASE EVALUATION!
“I am eagerly recommending this law firm for your legal needs. Dan and his associates did an outstanding job in representing me. I don’t anticipate being in the position to be represented any time soon, but if I am, I am headed right back to this firm! Thank you so much!”
“Dan Stuart and his staff are great to work with. Dan is not only a great attorney but also a great person who really cares about the best interests of his clients. I highly recommend him.”
“Dan is a great lawyer! He is trustworthy, friendly, he truly cares to help you. I 100% recommend Dan. He will take good care of you, and makes everything easier on you.”
“Dan and his associates did an unbelievable job representing me! I highly recommend this law firm.”
“Dan team is very responsive and professional. During a very challenging divorce Dan and his team were supportive and understanding.”